Friday, October 19, 2007

{ Down Under }

How about a different post today? I wanted to share with you some other projects that I am working on.
Down Under is the theme of our baby's room. This is not our actual room, this is just a photo from the website. Our furniture is lighter wood, and we don't have the crib yet. We didn't want the traditional boy colors and after countless crib sets we decided on this.
I am working on the wall decor now. I wanted to paint some of the characters that are in this set for the walls. The room is pretty big. I went and bought canvas and paints earlier this week and I finished one painting the other night.
Here is the wall hanging that came with the set.

Here is my painting. I will paint the butterfly on cardstock and then cut it out and adhere it to the corner. This canvas is 10 x 10.

I am working on a large canvas now, 16 x 20, and I will paint a Kangaroo and a Koala on that one. I like the way the quilt looks and the animals are larger and will fit perfectly on the canvas (see the quilt below). I have three large canvases to do and I would like to do more small ones. It's pretty fun. I plan on sewing some pillows for the full size bed that is in the room and maybe some drape panels.
I will keep you updated on the room, paintings and the sewing. I have more time now that I am not working, which is really strange. I have been working for the past 18 years and time off is really nice.I bought fabric to sew receiving blankets and burp cloths. That is my next project.





25 comments:

  1. Oh my is this little prince just gonna have it made or what? Love everything! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great theme, your canvas is fantastic, wonderful set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This is THE CUTEST theme ever!!! I love the colors! Your painting is fabulous girl! This makes me want a baby, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest room ever! love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute theme!! Love that you are painting your own canvases..that is totally something I love to do too!! It is going to turn out so cute!
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniella, your painting is so perfect! Decorating a baby's room is so exciting! Love the theme you picked out! Great colors! Have fun! Can't wait to see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Daniela, there is a little surprise over at my blog for you! SMILES! deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cute is that :)i love it your painting is so super cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors and theme you chose! And your wall hangings ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Daniela your Baby's room is going to be soooo Precious !
    I luv everything about it from the colors to the cute characters. Babys are so much fun ! (((Hugs)))

    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love what you have chosen! And the quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow.... love your baby's room theme... and your painting is GORGEOUS! ~rae

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW WOW WOW! Love your painting. This little guy is lucky to have parents so loving and it shows throught your choices and your artwork. Keep the pictures coming. Oh...how about the cute pictures of YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO SO cute! And i love your painting! Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:23 AM

    Wow, I love the colors, and the great animals!! My boys are all in their 20s (4 of them) and I wish there had been cute stuff like this "way back when"!! You will have such a wonderful time with your little bundle of joy...those were such joyous years! And I still LOVE BABIES!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great job with your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful room!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, I just love this. I love seeing all your creations and I enjoy when you share about the BABE!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You PAITNED that? Your skills never end, do they? It's perfect. And your choice of decor is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooooh! I love it! Your painting is the cutest! We looked at something similar when we didn't know if Drew was a girl or boy. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, fabulous job with your painting and wonderful bedding for a baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous4:19 PM

    What an amzing room, Daniela! I see that you are an artist with more than paper!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous2:02 PM

    I love the colors you are going with and the theme is awesome. He is gonna have the the best room ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Waoooo! Que hermosa combinacion escogiste! El canvas esta divinoooooooo! Me encanta los koalas! Felicidades!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, I just LOVE your theme for your baby's room... Great colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.