Friday, March 14, 2008

{ Do you crochet? }

I tried to learn, but it didn't go too well. I need more uninterrupted time, LOL. My mom made this beautiful crochet flower in about 20 minutes. I hope I can do that someday. She made me a box full of flowers. I want to take a photo and show you. The paper and rub-ons are Tinkering Ink, "with love" rub-on is BasicGrey.The idea for this next card came to me one night while I was feeding Alex. I got this set of baby rub-ons (American Crafts) in a goodie box from Simple Scrapbooks Magazine and I just love the blue and brown color combination. I made the tree and cut it out of felt. I just love the way it turned out.
Have you seen the new issue of Paper Crafts April/May 2008? I have three cards published in there. I was at a bookstore last week and paged through the magazine and thought about getting it because I didn't renew my subscription in time and figured that I wouldn't get that issue. Couple of days later I get my two complementary magazines with my three cards. Wow, what a surprise. The next day my regular subscription arrived. Good thing I didn't buy that one. I will give the extras to my mom, she likes to make cards. I gave her a ton of stuff to take home with her. I wish she could have taken more. Too bad they have weight restrictions for luggage. Here is one of the cards in that issue. OK, just one more before I go. My little one is sleeping. I gave him a bath and fed him and he passed out. He usually doesn't go to sleep until 10 pm. I hope this doesn't mess up his wonderful sleeping schedule. This morning we both slept until 9:30. That was nice, especially for me.
I published my post before I was done, sorry. Anyway, here is one of two cards in Paper Crafts March 2008 issue.
I can't leave without showing you this adorable photo of Alex. We went for a walk yesterday and it was sunny and very bright. He is two months old and his first well check up is on Monday. I can't wait to find out how much he weighs. I think he is about 12 pounds or more. I can't believe this long post. Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

  1. That is the most adorable BABY picture, ever. When it came on the scream I just made a little shriek and my 21 year old son behind me said "Is that baby flipping you off?" Upon looking closer he realized his error, LOL! That is such a sweetie! He will never flip you off:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First Alex is so adorable - look at him in those cute glasses! :)

    Secondly, congratulations on being published - very pretty indeed! And lastly, wow, those flowers and your felt tree are stunning, love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priceless picture Daniela! He is getting so big! Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your stuff in Papercrafts. Awesome! That crocheted flower looks so beautiful on your card. And Alex is already the coolest kid on the block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That crocheted flower your mom made is gorgeous, I hope you'll show us the others too :) ... I crochet (a little), but only blankets, I wouldn't know where to begin with a flower! I hope you enjoyed your visit with your mom!!
    Your work is GORGEOUS, as usual, and Alex is one cool dude with those shades!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:20 PM

    He is just too adorable, Daniela!!! And that baby card...just gorgeous and so creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, he is just the cutest baby! You ought to enter that photo in a contest or make a card using it with a cute, cool sentiment! I love your cards, Daniela, and those crocheted flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are FAB as always Daniela! And lil Alex is totally adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cutie you have there...love the sunglasses!

    Those cards are all gorgeous! My favorite is the felt tree one!

    Have a great day!
    ~Lea L.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:43 PM

    such a cuuuuuute little man! can't wait to see all the flowers your mom made for you, what we wouldn't give for a talent like that?
    hugs!
    danni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello: the cards are so pretty. My mom used to crochet, I can't remember what she taught me now. Oh the baby looks so cute in the sunglasses.....my my growing baby.
    Have fun
    Bela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh he's adorable! I also love the crochet flower. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.