Tuesday, August 11, 2009

{ My Scrapbook Nook August kit layouts and a card }

Here are two more layouts I created with My Scrapbook Nook August kit. All the papers are October Afternoon Road Map, perfect for those travel photos, or not.

I wanted to document Alex's favorite books. I stacked all the ones he loves and took a photo. We were playing in his room when I was stacking the books and taking pictures...soon after that he was doing the same thing. For the top of the page, I cut 1/2" of the cardstock and sewed one of the die cut strips that comes in the kit. I wanted to use my new Cuttlebug butterfly die and embossing folders that I got last month. I sketched this layout during breakfast with Alex and finished it that night. I stitched around the layout like I do on my cards, so simple and not perfect. The ribbon is machine stitched, as well. This was my first time stitching ribbon like that and it was easy. I made a dress for the chipboard girl shape and I added a Prima flower (not in the kit). The American Crafts letters that come in the kit are white fabric, so easy to paint.

This card is made for a class that you can find here. Step by step instructions with photos.

Have a great night.

Any True Blood fans?

4 comments:

  1. i adore your layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, Daniela, I just can't get over how marvelous your work is. Just when I think you can't outdo yourself, YOU DO!!!! Everything presented here just makes me smile!

    {{{HUGS}}} to my favorite little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniela, I just LOVE these LO's, your use of white (or black) space is fabulous!! Of course, your card is so adorable! I love Pinwheels!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.