Wednesday, March 31, 2010

{ Impression Obsession DT challenge - Celebrating mom }

I created a card for Mother's Day. I am still playing with my crepe paper, except I have a white roll, too. I love it. I used CPS #160 for the card. I started with Core'dinations whitewash cardstock that has a green core. I embossed it with a cuttlebug embossing folder. The Making Memories journaling note is stamped with Cover-a-card Medallion (CC032). I wanted an imperfect impression of the background. I lay my stamp down and when I cover it with ink I don't apply an even color. After I lay my paper on top and press with my hand, I make sure I don't press evenly. I love the way it turns out...
I made the crepe paper rose with white crepe paper that I sprayed with Shimmerz Spritz, first. It was left over from another project so it was dry, but it doesn't take long. I added some hand cut leaves and pink ribbon.
The sentiment is from Greetings Galore (CL48) that is stamped on Granny's Doily Circle tag from Elle's Studio. This was such a fast and easy card.

I hope you'll take the time to visit the other designers' blogs for inspiration! Dina, Jeanne, JennyKathyJulieDeborah,and Laura.

***Would you like to see your card featured on the Impression Obsession blog? Email your challenge cards using Impression Obsession images to Shirley. Every week, cards will be selected to showcase on the Impression Obsession blog!!! You have until midnight this Saturday to enter your card. A random winner will be selected from the submissions to receive a $25 Impression Obsession gift certificate! You can find all the info HERE.

17 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful Mother's Day card! Love the Crepe paper flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flower, the background -- it's awesome! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty of a card Daniela in such fun spring colors! That flower is a show stopper! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, LOVE the vintage look you achieved with the cover a card stamp, and your paper flower is gorgeous!! Beautiful card Ms Daniela!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Daniela... where do you get crepe paper in rolls!!!????

    Love this card!!!

    Was so nice to see ya this past weekend... if even just for a split second!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the whole card! Beacause of you I have that crepe paper and and am going to attempt a card like this. Wow, Daniela!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniela.....this is sooooo beautiful! LOVE your flower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Daniela, what beautiful colors and I love that flower! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, Daniela!! I always love your flowers!
    ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card and the flower is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used the background stamp. I so wish we could stamp together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daniela, this is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you stamped the background, and your crepe paper flower is wonderful! I can't wait to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous10:29 AM

    `Beautiful card Daniela..love the crepe flower!!!!..TFI
    Happy Easter to you and yours..
    Have a fab weekend:)x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really love the uneven background. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card. I really love that crepe paper flower - it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.