Friday, January 29, 2016

{ January 2016 Just A Girl Kit from Scraptastic Club take 2 }

I am sharing two more layouts that I created with January Just A Girl Kit and add-ons.
If you follow me on Instagram you saw a part of the embossed numbers I shared. I have been stamping for a long time and I have never used an embossing buddy or anti-static pad. It’s a little pouch filled with powder, in my case cornstarch, that you rub over the paper and the embossing powder sticks only to the VersaMark ink. It’s amazing. I can’t believe that I never used one before. I always have to brush all the extra powder with a brush before I emboss. Well, I made my my own and I used it on this layout. No extra powder anywhere.

Smile by Daniela Dobson

I aligned 5 numbers on a block and stamped them together with VersaMark and added this beautiful Butter Zing Embossing Powder from my stash. Last month we had the beautiful alphabet stamp set from Kaitlin Sheaffer and this month we have the numbers to match. I just love them.

Smile close by Daniela Dobson

For the second layout I wanted to do a layout about me and instead of looking for a photo I snapped this one while I was sitting at the desk getting ready to make the layout. It was Wednesday afternoon after I got back from volunteering at Alex’s school and I really liked my hair. I cut it off in December because it was too long, but now I want my long hair back. Anyway, I snapped the photo and printed it with my Canon Selphy and went to work.

My life by Daniela Dobson

I have used this quote before on an old layout and thought it was perfect to go with the little printed tag that came in the kit. I cut the flowers from one of the papers in the kit. I loved the little bows. The butterfly is from an older kit that I cut out from patterned paper.

My life close by Daniela Dobson

It’s Friday and I am getting ready to go to school to volunteer. The weather is beautiful and warm here in Texas and I love it. Can’t wait for summer. I am still waiting to hear back from my Season’s Givings blog hop winner. I might have to pick a new one.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.