Thursday, January 31, 2008

{ Update....}

Wow, how time flies. I have time to browse the internet (with one hand) while I am feeding Alex, but that is all. I need both hands to type anything. I miss all my blog friends. Thank you for stopping by and for all the well wishes.
I have so many photos to share. His daddy loves to take photos of him and we are enjoying every moment.
Things are going great! Still adjusting to everything. We are putting together his swing today. That baby shower came just in time. I want to share those photos, as well.
My mom arrived on Wednesday, one day after he was born. Did I mention that I wasn't ready! I didn't even have my bag packed, the house was a mess...
We went out for dinner Monday night with friends and stayed up late watching a movie. At 2:30 am I went to the bathroom and there was water everywhere. At first I thought my bladder gave out on me...LOL After waiting for a while and the water leakage did not stop we called the doctor and he told us to come to the hospital so they can check.
I grabbed a bag and threw some essentials together. Luckily my husband had all his camera equipment ready to go. No major contractions just minor abdominal cramping. I even drove to the hospital and had two minor, slightly painful, contractions on the way.
At 4 am we were at the hospital. When they checked me I was 3 cm dilated, but negative for amniotic fluid. They called my doctor and he said to stay and that I was going to have a baby TODAY !!! On the way to the hospital we kept saying how it was a false alarm and that they were going to send me home, not the case.
As soon as I got there I told them I wanted an epidural, but we had to do a blood test and wait for the results since they did not have my chart there from the doctor's office. Good thing I registered on Friday.
I am glad I got to experience several, very painful, contractions, but even happier when the epidural kicked in.
At 6 am, when the epidural was in I was 6 cm dilated. At 9 am I was 9 cm and 90% effaced at 9:50 am I started pushing...at 10:51 am baby Alex was born.
He did have jaundice after we left the hospital and we had to go in and have his bilirubin checked couple of times. At his last doctor visit he was gaining weight and less yellow. We don't have to go back for another two months, but I will go in next week to have him weighed since I am breastfeeding.
Alex is 16 days old today and he is growing. We went for our first stroller ride the other day. He slept the entire time.
Here are some photos of my little man. I do have cards to share that I made the week before he was born.
Tinkering Ink sneak peeks start tomorrow, new paper collections which will debut at CHA.

29 comments:

  1. oh!! he is so cute! and you look great! congrats again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:13 PM

    I'm glad you updated your blog. I know you are very busy but I checked every day for more information and pictures. The two of you look great and I love all his hair.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is absolutely beautiful! You look wonderful, too - just radiant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he is just so precious!! My baby girl is still hanging on tight inside - I would have been a wreck if she had come as early as Alex did - so not ready!! (but are you ever REALLY ready??) Sounds like you're enjoying every moment with your precious little pumpkin - congrats again, I am so very happy for you and your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a keeper for sure! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You and baby look so happy and adorable! Thanks for updating!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh!! Girlfriend he is ADORABLE!! I am so glad everything went smoothly and that you and baby are healthy and doing good. Don't worry about blogging we will still be here whenever you are ready. Just relax and enjoy your snickerdoodle!
    Hugs
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:17 PM

    OH, he is just beautiful!!! I am kinda jealous...we were due on the same day and I am still sitting here waiting...lol. This is number 2 for me and I am so ready to have this baby...especially since it is so hot over here!!! Congratulations on such a beautiful baby boy...you will love every minute of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, sweet Daniela, Alex is adorable! I loved reading about his early arrival -- he just wanted to join us in this world and when the time came, he just said, "Let's go!" Isn't being a Mommy the best thing in the whole world?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, he is beautiful!! Congratulations to you and your family!! I fell across your blog from Tracy at Sunny Delights.....she had a link....

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is gorgeous Daniela!!! And you look great! Enjoy this precious time with him :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a handsome lad! Alex is a gem! You look so happy and proud Daniela! Super big hugs to you and baby Alex! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alex is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sitting here smiling because he is so adorable and you look radiant! Enjoy your time with your Mum too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cutie!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:36 AM

    Oh, he is the cutest little guy ever!! It's great to see the pictures, and I know you are LOVING being a Mom! Before long you won't be able to remember not having him! I had 4 boys, and they are wonderful...enjoy every moment; and get REST whenever you can! You'll need it! :D CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awwww he is absolutely adorable daniela!!!! such a gift from God :) you look really well too, :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Huge congrats, he's sooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a precious little darling. Enjoy him.

    ReplyDelete
  20. how adorable! enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh he's Yummy! thanks for sharing and I am loving all the great cards you've posted too. Thanks for sharing the photos of your sweet little man. Congratulations once again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. he is just precious!!! And you! You look amazing... you are radiant! Take care and enjoy every sleepless moment! ;)
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations Daniela! He is gorgeous! I was just thinking about you today and wondered if you'd had that baby so I popped in today. What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I love hearing delivery stories!! Glad that all went well, despite not really being 'prepared'! He is too precious.... hope that all is going well with you and your new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just found you blog today, and wanted to say how incredibly cute your little man Alex is, he is adorable - many congratulations

    Alex xx (female lol)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous3:09 AM

    He is absolutely perfect - and being a mommy really suits you!!

    Luv,
    Anna Sigga

    ReplyDelete
  27. esta bello !!! Dios lo cuide

    ReplyDelete
  28. Daniela, I've been reading your blog for awhile and just saw you on CMK ( I'm new @ CMK )
    Anyway, I love your work & congrats on your little man he is adorable!:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.