Thursday, June 18, 2015

{ Impression Obsession DT challenge – Celebrate You }

Hello and happy Thursday. It’s that time again, Impression Obsession DT challenge. This was a really fun to make and I really like to watercolor and need to do it more often. There are several butterflies I have in my collection and I couldn’t decide which one to use. I usually stamp everything in black ink and today I decided to use white embossing powder, on watercolor paper.

Celebrate by Daniela Dobson

I started by stamping and heat embossing Circle Fusion 1 on watercolor cardstock. I always keep an eye out when Michaels has them on sale, and on sale I mean 3 for the price of 1. That is an awesome deal. I used my Caran d'Ache Classic Neocolor II Water-Soluble Pastels and colored the background. I use my heat gun to dry each color before adding a different one. 

Background Circle Fusion 1 by Impression Obsession

I love layering different elements together and instead of cutting up different pieces of Patterned paper I stamped various banners and washi. I recently cleaned and organized my room and all my stamps. I am still working on cataloging everything. That might take a while. The point is, I can find everything I am looking for. While organizing I found some loved and forgotten stamps.
On top of the washi and banner I heat embossed a little polaroid frame. I cut the butterfly out and added it to the card using 3D foam squares. The gold striped vellum is from a little vellum pack that I got long time ago that I love!!! I have been adding it everything.

Celebrate close by Daniela Dobson

Impression Obsession stamps:

Circle Fusion 1
Striped Banner
Striped Washi
Solid Damask Washi tape
Butterfly 2
Fall Floral Polaroid
Happy Birthday 2U


Why don’t you come along and play with us. To enter the challenge go to the Impression Obsession Blog (all the details are there!).  Create a new project using  Impression Obsession stamps and post it on Impression Obsession Blog between June 18 – July 1. A winner will be chosen randomly to win a $25 gift certificate to the Impression Obsession store.

Make sure you check out what the rest of our DT created.

I hope you play along.

Impression Obsession Blog
Anna Wight
Daniela Dobson ----> you are here
Dina Kowal
Ellen Taylor
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Karen Amidon
Kittie Caracciolo
Laura Fulcher
Vicki Garrett

6 comments:

  1. So beautiful. I love the layout, the colors and the white embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty! I love the soft watercolors, and the strong and unique focal point, love how you layered everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card! I love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great card, love so much the colors and texture

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome colors for an awesome background, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your water coloring is Gorgeous I love the white embossing and the gold!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.