Thursday, April 20, 2017

{ Impression Obsession DT challenge – You take the cake }

Hi and welcome to our  Impression Obsession challenge – You take the cake.

Here is a card I created.

Happy birthday by Daniela Dobson

As much as I love fussy cutting, it is really nice to have dies to match all the stamps, including the little, tiny roses that I added around the die cut circle. I am talking about a brand new artist at Impression Obsession: Peggy Jo Ackley and Pink Ink Clear stamps and matching dies. This beautiful set is called Party Cakes and Party Cakes Dies.

Happy birthday close by Daniela Dobson

I stamped the images on watercolor paper and used my watercolors to color the image, including the tiny roses. The background is stamped with a stamp called Graph Paper, and that is exactly what it looks like. I finally got to use my brand new dies called Scribble Circles. Aren’t they fun? I die cut them from the same watercolor paper where I colored the images so some of the watercolor was left on the background. I love that. “Happy birthday” sentiment is from More Basic Greetings stamp set.

There is a huge 50% off sale going on at Impression Obsession. Make sure you check out the stamps.

Here is one more close up of the image. I added twine to the background card base and some enamel dots I created from Nuvo Crustal Drops. The colors are amazing. For my dimensional adhesive I used my trusty 3D foam squares from Therm O Web.

Happy birthday close 2 by Daniela Dobson

I used Mojo Monday 493  for this card.


Why don’t you come along and play with us. To enter the challenge go to the Impression Obsession Blog (all the details are there!).  Create a new project using  Impression Obsession stamps and post it on Impression Obsession Blog between April 20 – May 3. A winner will be chosen randomly to win a $25 gift certificate to the Impression Obsession store.

Make sure you check out what the rest of our DT created.

I hope you play along.

Impression Obsession Blog

Anna Wight
Daniela Dobson ---- you are here
Dina Kowal
Ilina Crouse
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Karen Amidon
Kelli Hull
Laura Fulcher
Vicki Garrett

3 comments:

  1. This is a stinkin' cute card. I love the colors. You did a fantastic job watercoloring the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Cute Card! I love the scribbles, they take the cake!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.