Thursday, August 04, 2016

{ Scraptastic Kit Club Thursday Challenge }

Hi everyone, I have my weekly Thursday challenge on Scraptastic blog today.  I sew on some of my layouts, but not often enough. I mostly machine stitch on my cards. I challenged myself, and now I challenge you to use your sewing machine and add some stitching to your project. If you don't have a sewing machine you can easily add stitching using a needle and some thread. I like to use DMC floss (embroidery thread) and a needle that is a little bigger, made just for the floss.  Make sure you poke holes in the paper first.
Here is a layout I created using our June 2016 Wipeout kit and add on. I sketched a circle with a pencil first and then used my sewing machine and followed the lines. I can't remember the last time a stitched a circle, so this was another challenge for me. Plus, I used blue thread. 

Slurpee by Daniela Dobson

You can see that I left some of the pencil on the cardstock. I am ok with that. I added die cut stars, star stickers and enamel dots to the stitched circle. I stamped the title with June 2016 Sweet Jane stamp set.

Slurpee close by Daniela Dobson

I even added some zig zag stitching to connect two different papers together. I used a border punch to add the scallops to my patterned paper. I sprinkled some color shine from my stash.
 
Slurpee close 2 by Daniela Dobson

Thanks for stopping by today! Don’t forget to share your projects on our facebook page.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.