Friday, November 04, 2016

{ Jillibean Soup and CardMaker Blog Hop }

Hi and welcome to Jillibean Soup and CardMaker blog hop. Today we are showcasing cards and/or other paper-crafting projects made using Christmas stamps and shaker cards.

Here is what I created using Peace, Joy & Love stamp set (houses and sentiment), Snow Globe stamp set (trees), Jar card base and Jar shaker pouch.

Peace by Daniela Dobson

For my card I used one of the cards as my template to color in the background. I traced the jar from the front opening to the inside of the card and placed the opening of the other card over the traced image. I colored the opening using distress inks. I stamped and heat embossed the stars. I stamped and colored the houses and stamped the trees.  

Peace step 1 by Daniela Dobson

I created two different hills for the bottom of the jar by cutting out cardstock and tracing the bottom shape of the jar. I used 3D Foam Squares to layer the hills, houses and trees.

Peace close inside by Daniela Dobson

Since I used non traditional colors for my scene I used sequins from my stash to match. The jar pouches have adhesive on the back and line up perfectly through the opening of the card front.  I used an awl to punch a hole on each side of the jar top for the twine.

Peace close by Daniela Dobson

This was really fun to make. Let me know if you have any questions.


Jillibean Soup will be hosting a giveaway on their blog.


CardMaker Blog
Daniela Dobson ----> You are here
Kelly Gettelfinger
Sean Fetterman
Catherine Scanlon
Jeanne Streiff
Juliana Michaels
Jillibean Soup Blog

17 comments:

  1. The sequins are so cute in your jar shaker card! Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your jar
    shaker! Beautiful
    colors and the
    houses are cute.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, Daniela! Love the layers inside the shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little scene inside the jar.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is just delightful! I so love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sequins, houses, and beautiful colors .... oh my! Love your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable shaker card design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet little snow globe Daniela!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First shaker jar I've seen, what a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've created such a charming winter scene! The colors are so soft and pretty and the sequin colors match beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute shaker. I love the little scene you created. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you used pastel colors for your shaker card. It is beautiful

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable! I love that you used nontraditional colors! It really makes it that much prettier! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Daniela, I love your shaker jar! The scene inside with the lit windows and the soft colors of the houses, the sequins, and the stars in the sky are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the jar-shaped shaker! Adorable with your cute scene inside! Great details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.