Thursday, June 25, 2009

{ Papertrey Ink Blog Hop - June }

The challenge: Summer is FULL of so many wonderful colors, sights & sounds! This month your challenge is to get inspired by the lazy days of summer and reflect your inspiration in a project of your choice! Whether it be the colors in your favorite summer treats, the pattern on your bathing suit & beach towel or even the texture of the sand between your toes, use any or all of these things as a springboard for your design. Please be sure to share an image found online, in a magazine or a photo you have taken yourself that communicates your point of inspiration within the body of your blog post! 

 My inspiration came from Better Homes and Gardens magazine (see photos below). I fell in love with the red, blue, and yellow color combination. In addition, I used the star frame as a shape for my card. I loved the star in the middle so I cut my paper in the shape of a flower. The idea came from a chipboard frame that was sitting on my desk. I traced the flowers and cut them out with exacto knife. The center of the flower is stamped. Supplies: Papertrey Ink cardstock, paper and stamps (Guide Lines Two, Mega Mixed Messages). Making Memories (yellow) and Creative Cafe (red) flowers, Karen Foster Design white floss, Fiskars border punch, machine stitching. Better Homes and Gardens Creative Collections 2009.

40 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors! I love the flower in the center. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card!! I love the design and the colors! I'm putting my first order in with Papertrey Ink today...I'm so excited. Let me know if there are any 'must gets!' My cart is already so full. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so gorgeous my friend, love that flower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable card, love those fun, fresh colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is simply stunning Daniela! I love everything about it!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute stuff! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific!!! Excellent colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gasp, its fabulous (as always)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome card!!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are such fresh, beachy colors! I love how you gave your card that worn, vintage look with the stitching and distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this.. the colors are perfect!!
    Have a GREAT night!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! I love the colors and all the layers you created!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your torn and tattered look. Super job with the fun summer challenge. Thanks for the great eye candy.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors and I love the way you gave the sentiment dimension. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your colors - fun flowers - torn edges and stitching! great summer card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That card is adorable. I like that color combination, wouldn't have thought of using the yellow there, but it all looks so well put together.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is simply gorgeous, and that's a pretty nifty inspiration piece, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So fresh and pretty! Love the flowers in the center:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the colors you chose. Sor pretty and so summer! Love the distressed center.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG This is OUTSTANDING! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Daniela, what a perfect piece--it's shouting summer, and I adore it! You rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a wonderful combination of colors! It does look so fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a cool card! Love your take using your piece of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful card. Seriously - it is so fresh and fun! Love how you interpreted your summer piece.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely beautiful! I love the vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fabulous color scheme! I need to try something with them. LOVE the card.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love everything about this card! I want it!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your style and I love this card!! The fresh colors are perfect and you really captured the design from your inspiration piece.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love this card so much Daniela! Beautiful and the inspiration is to die for too:)!

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW, this card is GLORIOUS!!! Amazing design, Daniela!!! I love the colors, too!! And the way you cut out the papers.... stunning!!!! ♥♥ Kay

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank's for alway's being soo inspirational, your blog just recieved an award, check it out here: http://www.ckmom78.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is gorgeous, I adore the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. it is beautiful! love the colors so much! gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.