Tuesday, February 02, 2010

{ Mojo Monday 124 and Melissa's photo inspiration challenge }

Melissa Phillips posted this beautiful photo for an inspiration challenge. I have this photo saved as one of my favorites, too. I love the colors.

Here is my card and I had so much fun making it. I used Mojo Monday 124 sketch for the card. Our new Shimmerz Vibez were released today...see my post below. The colors are so vibrant and shimmery. My favorite: Red-y Or Not and Rusty Bottom Vibez.

I stamped the card base with Cover-a-card Music (CC029). I heat embossed Cover-a-card Large dots (CC007) with clear embossing powder over that. I sprayed the background with Ruby Shimmerz Spritz, first, then Red-y Or Not and Rusty Bottom Vibez. I used a towel to wipe over the embossed area, to "clean it up" so that the polka dots show up really well. I made my little flower out of old book paper. You can visit my tutorial if you would like to know how I make these. I sprayed the flower with Licorice and Ruby Shimmerz Spritz and Red-y Or Not Vibez. Like my tutorial says, I use a heat tool to dry the flower, it heat sets it and the flower keeps the shape. I painted the edges with Pearl Shimmerz Pearlz. I used October Afternoon patterned paper that I punched with Martha Stewart punch and Jenni Bowlin journaling note. The sentiment is from Anytime Sentiments (CL43). The sun finally came out and I was able to capture the shimmer.

20 comments:

  1. love your card and that flower is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my! This card is to die for! I love the shabby chic look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the vintage look of your card..I must learn how to make those beautifly flowers and the shimmer spirtz is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...thanks for the close-up...really shows the shimmerz off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Daniela! Love how shimmery it is!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card!! I love the flower and shimmer!! The inspiration photo is amazing too.

    Thanks,
    Alisha
    www.craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Daniela! Love how your flower came out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Daniela and a perfect take on the inspiration pic too!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shimmer and the beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE YOUR SHIMMER! Wow...that card is amazing! Gorgeous flower. Love that! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. good morning , i love the card and the flower is amazing. i'm going to have to check out shimmer spritz :) beautiful work !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love "meeting" fellow etsy sellers! I'm really into flowers now - love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Daniela...love that handmade flower....I love your work so much and it was such a treat to have you play along.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:52 PM

    this is STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just gorgeous! I love the BG and the flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your work Daniela! Your flower is gorgeous, so is the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just beautiful. I love Melissa's blog and didn't get a chance to participate in her photo inspiration challenge. I love that flower. I will have to watch your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  18. GORGEOUS! The 'pinkness', the shimmer and the flower are all "to die for"!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the win :D LOVE your flower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.