Tuesday, September 07, 2010

{ Doily obsession }

Have you used a doily on your project lately? I have! I love them and they are everywhere. When I was in Croatia I saw these adorable doilies on Etsy.com form The Chip Chop Shop. My mom said she would make them for me!!!! Remember, she made me these flowers.




Here is my growing collection of doilies: Prima Marketing product packaging, Maya Road stamps and Doilie Transparency, Martha Stewart, Wilton, and adorable white doilies that my mom gave me.


Betsy Veldman had this awesome tutorial on how to stamp your own doilies using Papertrey Ink stamps. How fun is that!!! When I got home from my trip, I looked around my stamp collection to see how I can make something similar.
This is what I came up with...see the video. 

 Look around your own stash to see what you can use. If you don't have a circle stamp you can draw a circle any size and start from there.
Swiss Dot by Endless Creations
Flourish by Hampton Art (bought at Michaels)


 Here is a layout I created for a challenge at My Scrapbook Nook. I added my own stamped doilies. Photos are from our trip to the Arboretum this Spring.


I used My Mind's Eye and Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, Prima flowers, October Afternoon stickers, Jenni Bowlin butterfly, Elle's Studio tag.



Let me know if you have any questions. Link me to any doilies that are out there.

7 comments:

  1. That is a great way to make a doily by using stamps. Never thought of that! I use doilies quite a bit also and my mom crochets and made me flowers too. I am not sure I can bring myself to put Mom's doily on a LO or card;0) Even though I know it would porbaly look great...Thanks for the tutorial and great LO!
    Hugs
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh!! That is a GREAT tutorial Daniela! I LOVE your doilies!
    I got some of those Maya Road ones right after you told me about them (at 2peas!!) AND the stamps! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:04 PM

    Beautiful LO!!! Love all the clustered goodies... Gorgeous work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am in love with doilies too!! love your layout!! the prima crocheted doilies are so yummy! cna't xwait to get my hand on them!!
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Daniela, I just love what you did with the stamps and your video is a great way to see it take shape! You are amazing!!!

    BTW, I was so inspired by your little travel car track and I made something similar for my nephew for his birthday. I'll post it on my blog next week and link up with yours as my inspiration. :o)xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:36 PM

    These are `gorgeous` Fab tut Daniela...might have to get me doilies out!!!I have lots but never used them....hmmm
    I remember those pretty flowers your Mam created TFI:)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're not alone! I just posted a page on Peas this morning where I used a doily! :) Great projects! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.