Thursday, July 26, 2012

{ Scrapbook Circle August Kit–True Stories }

I recently joined a group of talented ladies at Scrapbook Circle as one of the Design Team members. We have a Facebook page where you can keep up with all the fun things going on, sneak peaks, Design Team and members projects ideas. You can follow our Scrapbook Circle blog where we have fun challenges, tips and lots of Design Team ideas. On the Scrapbook Circle website you can find all the kit information, photos and designer ideas.

My first kit is this beautiful August kit called True Stories. It is available for purchase on Scrapbook Circle website. There, you can find a detailed list of what is included in the kit.

This is my fifth layout with the kit. The first four are made for challenges and assignments and I will share them throughout the month.

I love how the colors in the October Afternoon patterned paper matched Alex’s shirt and the train. I added a piece of yellow 6x6 patterned paper from August add on kit. It comes with a 6x6 paper pack from American Crafts Shoreline collection.

Enjoy the little things 74522

There is a printable that comes with the kits. It’s a PDF file that you download and print. Each printable matches the kit. I used the printable images and converted them into Silhouette Studio Files so I can cut them out. Here I used the large chevron arrow as one of the banners.

I added a little Swatch Smashbook Tape (not in the kit, but in the store), and I made a little arrow by adding some folded tape to a toothpick.

It’s Friday and I am out the door for some grocery shopping with Alex. We are excited about the Olympics Opening Ceremonies tonight and we will stay up an watch it all.

Enjoy your weekend. I have a little something to share with you soon. Something fun. I will be able to share next week.

4 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I love what you did with the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout! Cannot wait to see your other creations with the kit. I have admired this kit company for several years & just need to work through a few more piles of my supplies before I commit to a subscription. I love all the kits they produce & am happy that you are now on their design team. Let's get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the new DT - love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.