Monday, December 17, 2007

{ Design Team weekly inspiration }

This week's inspiration is to create a place to store your favorite recipes.
I have recipe books and a drawer stuffed with recipes cut out from magazines or written on a scrap piece of paper...There are some that I use more than others and are my favorites. Most of the time I have to hunt for them or can't find the one I want...
I had this little wooden box forever, just waiting to be altered. After I measured, it I found out that an index card (3 x 5") fits perfectly inside. I made my dividers to be slightly larger (3 x 5.5"). Make any tabs you want, after all, this is your favorite recipe box. Now, all I have to do is write my favorite recipes (the ones I use over and over) and keep them all in this box.
This would be a perfect Christmas gift for someone f you play along, upload your creations to the Design Team Weekly Inspiration gallery or post a link to your blog.
Supplies used: Tinkering Ink patterned paper from Beloved collection, 7gypsies stamp, American Crafts alphas.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea Daniela ~ I just might have to 'lift' this from you ~ I too have tons of recipes of all shapes and sizes in a (gasp) ziploc baggie(!) in a kitchen drawer!! LOVE your project!! -rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:35 AM

    Oh my goodness, Daniela, this is so colorful and festive! Perfect for favorite recipes! You always add so many wonderful touches to your work and I love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful recipe boxes! Merry Christmas! Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments.